Here is a new game I created. Incorporating two favourite games of Golden Child and the famous board game Monopoly. Try this with your students, the games can always be adjusted to your student needs.
How to play:
1. Students are divided into two teams
2. One team are fielding and the other team are kicking
3. The kicking team need to decide who is the 'Golden Kicker' they kick last. Their job is to save all of their team mates who didn't make it home.
4. There are 11 obstacles (cones with numbers on them, including CC and Jail around the Monopoly Court. Each of them has a task to complete if a student lands on them.
5. First student kicks the ball into the area, they then run around the Monopoly Court as quick as they can back to 'Go'.
The fielding team must field the ball and try to throw the ball into the basketball ring.
6. If the fielders get the ball in they yell out stop.
7. The runner then stops and completes the tasks that they landed on. They stay there until the golden kicker saves them (runs past them and collects them back to GO).
8. If the runner makes it all the way home, then they score a run for their team, this means the fielding team couldn't score a goal in the basketball ring.
9. If a student lands on JAIL they directly go back and do not score a run for their team.
10. If a student lands on lands on CC - Community Chest, they can chose to complete any exercise they wish to complete.
11. The Golden Kicker is the last person to kick, whoever did not make it back to GO, he/she must run past these students and collect them back to GO without the fielding team stopping them.
12. If the fielding team get the ball in during Golden Kicker, then no runs are scored, only if the students made it safely previously.
Teams swap over.
OUTS: A fielding team catches the ball, the student runs to jail and goes straight back to GO and no run is scored. If the fielding team scores a goal.
Suitable area with a basketball/netball ring.
5 star jumps
5 sit ups
5 push ups
10 secs of plank
10 secs run on the spot
Go back to JAIL
Go straight to GO
10 star jumps
These are my own opinions and experiences. I love to share and reflect.